Visitors so far:
The Village Plan
(Extract from the Knapton Village Plan)
DEVELOPMENT OF THE VILLAGE PLAN
Central to the development of Knapton Village Plan was a desire that all those residents who wished to contribute their views were able to do so. The development of the Village Plan began in September 2006, and the stages are listed below:
• Agreement from the Parish Council to support the initiative and to approach NNCC forgrants. Funding was provided by NNRDC.
• The first public meeting was held to raise awareness of the potential benefits of a Village Plan and to obtain feedback from residents, i.e. ideas, views issues.
• A questionnaire was developed, based on input received at the public meeting, and delivered to every household.
• A summary of the questionnaire results was developed and delivered to every household.
• A second public meeting was held to discuss the questionnaire results, refine issues and identify priorities. Volunteers were requested to take the project onwards.
• A second, short questionnaire was circulated to all households. Young people in the village were given their own questionnaire to complete.
• The Village Plan and the Action Plan were developed. These recorded the views and ideas from the community and suggested ways of addressing the issues raised.
• Adoption by the Parish Council of the completed document.
• The Village Plan and the integral Action Plan were distributed to every household in the Parish. We had an excellent response rate, with replies received from 77% of the recipients (this is particularly impressive, as many of the non responders were owners of holiday homes in the village).
The questionnaires addressed a number of topics, which have been grouped as follows:
• Local Countryside and the Environment
• Health Services and Community Support
• Facilities for Young People
• Information and Communication
• Recreation and Community Events
For the full Village Plan click here
For a copy of the plan please contact Peter on 01263 721 304
Woodland View - Pigneys Wood 2012